[docs] [issue35605] backported patch requires new sphinx, minimum sphinx version was not bumped

Steve Dower report at bugs.python.org
Fri Dec 28 14:13:16 EST 2018

Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> added the comment:

We need Ned's approval to fix anything in 3.6 now. Typically we do consider build issues, and this one is fairly innocent (the affected code should only be used on Windows, but the import may trigger elsewhere).

I'd be happy to take a patch to use logging when the sphinx one is not found. We more or less enforce a newer version of Sphinx on the platforms where it matters, but for those restricted by their distros we can pretty easily help out.

keywords: +easy
nosy: +ned.deily
priority: normal -> low