[docs] Learning to code

michaeltsayre at gmail.com michaeltsayre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:50:56 EST 2018

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the proper channel to communicate this; so I hope
someone doesn't mind taking the time to read this, forward to whomever might
need to see this, and of course possibly reply. My cause for reaching out is
because I'm left wondering if this
(https://docs.python.org/2/library/index.html) is or isn't the "bible" or
"rulebook" on python usage and if it is; then would it be correct to
consider this source as a technical "textbook" of sorts?

As silly as that question might sound; the reason I ask is because I'm
presently enrolled in a Data Analysis and Visualization Coding Bootcamp that
is partnered with the University of Texas - Austin and I don't recall being
formally introduced to this document. In fact, I stumbled across this while
conducting a number of Google searches; trying to locate documentation for
the various functions I've been exposed to at this point.

Assuming that I am correct in referring to this document as a python
"textbook"; then I am left with questioning the instructional reliance I've
seen with Googling solutions to issues that resemble a chat forum where one
user files an issue and multiple users respond with solutions/advice. If
it's possible; I'd prefer to learn off of the official documentation before
attempting to interpret solutions from people in forums.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to a response!

Very Respectfully,

Michael Sayre

Cell: (682)712-9741

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsayre1/

"We have become a nation of employees. We are dependent upon others for our
means of livelihood, and most of our people have become completely dependent
upon wages. If they lose their jobs they lose every resource except for the
relief supplied by the various forms of social security. Such dependence of
the mass of the people upon others for all of their income is something new
in the world. For our generation, the substance of life is in another man's
hands."

F. Tannenbaum, A Philosophy of Labor (1951)