[docs] [issue31995] Set operations documentation error

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Fri Nov 10 19:06:00 EST 2017

Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> added the comment:

I did understand your report.  IMO your "declaration of incorrectness" is due to an overly strict misreading of what the docs are trying to say and it does not reflect an understanding of what the in-place operators do in-general.   We could write an extra paragraph in the set documentation on this topic; however, I believe it would create confusion where none currently exists (i.e. no reported issues for 15+ years).   Also the discussion is somewhat generic to any type that doesn't specifically implement in-place operators.   In other words, I prefer to leave the doc as-is.

assignee: rhettinger ->