[docs] [issue29428] Doctest documentation unclear about multi-line fixtures

Jim DeLaHunt report at bugs.python.org
Fri Feb 3 15:14:01 EST 2017

Jim DeLaHunt added the comment:

Marco, thank you for the suggestion to watch Raymond Hettinger's talk.

> I suggest you to watch this talk of Raymond Hettinger, before going on:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXVTjwnn-U

That video is 63 minutes long, and a lot of those minutes are taken up by stories. I will watch the rest when I get time. I wish his insights were summarised in writing; I'll bet that would take much less than 63 minutes to read. I find that written text is a much faster way to deliver information, though maybe it takes the teacher more time to write well than to give a talk.

I understand your point about the need for a review, and reviews being the bottleneck. The "Lifecycle of a Patch" document[1] is clear about that.

[1] https://docs.python.org/devguide/patch.html#reviewing