[docs] [issue31128] Allow pydoc to run with an arbitrary hostname

Feanil Patel report at bugs.python.org
Sun Aug 6 18:55:50 EDT 2017

New submission from Feanil Patel:

I want to run the pydoc server while doing development inside a container.  However, the pydoc http server only binds to localhost with no option to override this.  This means that if I'm trying to read the docs from a remote machine,  I have to do some network Jiu Jitsu.

Acceptance Criteria:
- Pydoc takes a new argument that overrides the hostname the server binds to.
- Pydoc continues to default to localhost

----------
assignee: docs at python
components: Documentation
messages: 299817
nosy: Feanil Patel, docs at python
priority: normal
severity: normal
status: open
title: Allow pydoc to run with an arbitrary hostname
type: enhancement
versions: Python 3.7