[docs] [issue29968] Document that no characters are allowed to proceed \ in explicit line joining

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Apr 4 10:25:53 EDT 2017

R. David Murray added the comment:

I don't see any omission, myself.  Keep in mind that the language reference is as much or more of a specification as it is a reference, so we tend to try to use the minimum language that precisely describes the expected behavior. Which is why I suggested that if anything the sentence about trailing comments should be dropped :)

And I would vote -1 on allowing trailing whitespace.  (More than -1, actually :)  If that's what you meant: you said "proceed \", which doesn't sound like *trailing* whitespace.