[docs] [issue29947] In SocketServer, why not passing a factory instance for the RequestHandlerClass instead of the class itself?

Dominic Mayers report at bugs.python.org
Mon Apr 3 04:09:30 EDT 2017

Dominic Mayers added the comment:

The key point, IMHO, is that the BaseRequestHandler class is just provided as an option and its API (setup, handle and finish) is ignored by the code that we support.

Some applications may have used the API, but these are details in applications. Simply, we keep BaseRequestHandler as it is so that we do not break these applications.

So, yes, we should keep supporting the API, but we do not expect this API on our side. The latter is the key point.