[docs] [issue26557] dictviews methods not present on shelve objects

Thomi Richards report at bugs.python.org
Sun Sep 11 22:20:52 EDT 2016

Thomi Richards added the comment:

Attached is a patch that adds documentation to `shelve.rst` explicitly stating that it does not support the viewkeys, viewvalues, and viewitems methods.

I think this is the correct approach since it doesn't seems sensible to add support for these methods to UserDict, *and* also it might give users the impression that they can incrementally iterate over a shelved object without loading it all (which I believe is incorrect).

keywords: +patch
nosy: +thomir
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file44578/issue26557_shelve.patch