[docs] subprocess.getstatusoutput changed behavior in 3.4 (maybe 3.3.4?) (issue 22635)

victor.stinner at gmail.com victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:54:40 EDT 2016

http://bugs.python.org/review/22635/diff/18852/Doc/library/subprocess.rst
File Doc/library/subprocess.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/22635/diff/18852/Doc/library/subprocess.rst#newcode1173
Doc/library/subprocess.rst:1173: according to the rules for the C
function :c:func:`wait`.  Example::
Sorry, this is wrong as well. Again, it's no more a status but an exit
code. I suggest to remove this sentence.

http://bugs.python.org/review/22635/diff/18852/Doc/library/subprocess.rst#newcode1186
Doc/library/subprocess.rst:1186: Pay attention the behavior has changed
the function now returns
I would suggest to avoid "Pay attention", we don't use this in the
Python doc.

"the behaviour has changed" is redundant: we are already in a
"versionchanged" section.

I suggest to remove "Pay attention the behavior has changed".

http://bugs.python.org/review/22635/