[docs] Improve Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst (issue 26889)

storchaka at gmail.com storchaka at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:29:47 EDT 2016

https://bugs.python.org/review/26889/diff/17111/Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst
File Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst (right):

https://bugs.python.org/review/26889/diff/17111/Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst#newcode17
Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst:17: XML-RPC is a Remote Procedure Call
method that uses XML passed via HTTP as a
On 2016/05/06 20:36:41, terry.reedy wrote:
> HTTP(S) better?

Done.

Or may be HTTP/HTTPS?

https://bugs.python.org/review/26889/diff/17111/Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst#newcode49
Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst:49:
On 2016/05/06 20:36:41, terry.reedy wrote:
> New blank line separates instance construction parameters above from
instance
> use parameters.  Good.  I think you could even something like "The
following
> parameters govern the use of the returned proxy instance."

Done.

https://bugs.python.org/review/26889/diff/17111/Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst#newcode53
Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst:53: all clients and servers; see
http://ontosys.com/xml-rpc/extensions.php for a
On 2016/05/06 20:36:41, terry.reedy wrote:
> New link displays page with "Wayback Machine doesn't have that page
archived."
> Is any more description really needed? Can you just incorporate it?

Rietveld included closing parenthesis in the link. Correct link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130120074804/http://ontosys.com/xml-rpc/extensions.php

All resources (including Wikipedia) refer to this link. There is no more
"official" document. Apache provided longer list of extension types (see
issue26885), but this project is half-dead too.

https://bugs.python.org/review/26889/diff/17111/Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst#newcode76
Doc/library/xmlrpc.client.rst:76:
On 2016/05/06 20:36:41, terry.reedy wrote:
> Not sure that deletion of sentence is an improvement.  See tracker
post.

This sentence just looks tautological or wrong to me. In Python 3 there
is no difference between types and classes (I suppose user-defined
classic classes were meant here). ServerProxy instance methods can't
take or return types. They work with instances of specific types. And if
we left just "Python objects", what other this can be? In Python
everything is an object, and every value is a Python object.

I was unable to reformulate this sentence correctly and preferred to
remove it.

https://bugs.python.org/review/26889/