[docs] [issue24087] Documentation doesn't explain the term "coroutine" (PEP 342)

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jun 16 01:39:48 CEST 2015

Martin Panter added the comment:

Okay. The biggest thing that concerns me at the moment to do with the term is that there are too many related but different, specific meanings, that I suspect could be confusing, including:

1. Generators (and presumably also the new “async” native coroutines), compatible with “asyncio”: <https://docs.python.org/3.5/library/asyncio-task.html#coroutines>

2. PEP 492 “native” coroutines: <https://docs.python.org/3.5/glossary.html#term-coroutine-function>

Okay maybe some of the new wording is not needed any more. I plan to try documenting some basic stuff about the new PEP 492 coroutines in Issue 24439. Maybe I will incorporate the “native coroutine” clarifications from my patch here at the same time.