[docs] [issue24406] "Built-in Types" doc doesn't explain dict comparison.

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jun 12 22:12:48 CEST 2015

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

The 3.4 sequence section also has this: "Sequences of the same type also support comparisons. In particular, tuples and lists are compared lexicographically by comparing corresponding elements."  I agree that dicts should have a similar sentence or two. Neither the sequence or (frozen)set sections reference the language manual, so I will leave that out.

nosy: +terry.reedy
title: "Built-in Types" documentation doesn't explain how dictionaries are compared for equality -> "Built-in Types" doc doesn't explain dict comparison.
versions: +Python 2.7, Python 3.4, Python 3.5, Python 3.6