[docs] Python error

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Dec 7 10:36:07 EST 2015

docs is not the place for general python support.  Please subscribe to
python-list at python.org for such questions.

or maybe the tutor mailing list if this is about learning python.

The first thing you need to do is to find the smallest bit
of python code that demonstrates the problem you are having.
Nobody wants to search through tons and tons and tons of code trying
to find one hidden error, we want a sample where the error is
quite prominent.  The second thing that you need to do is to
tell us what the problem is.  The code doesn't run and I get
this traceback (include the traceback), it runs but doesn't give
the result I wanted (I wanted this, and I got that).

Without both of the above it will be very difficult for anybody
to help you, so difficult that most people just won't bother.

Laura Creighton