[docs] [issue22153] There is no standard TestCase.runTest implementation

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 28 22:57:20 CET 2014

Martin Panter added the comment:

Do you mean pretending there is no default “methodName” value, or pretending that the runTest() method is not invoked by discovery?

I would have to check, but I think I have relied on the runTest() method being discovered in the past, when I did not think a more original test method name was useful. Though I agree that it makes the behaviour more complicated for little extra flexibility.