[docs] [issue22725] improve documentation for enumerate() (built-in function)

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Sat Nov 1 04:28:40 CET 2014

Raymond Hettinger added the comment:

Can you attach a proposed patch and I will make a decision.

FWIW, I'm very happy with the current documentation at https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/functions.html#enumerate  Between the text, example, and pure python equivalent, it does a great job communicating what enumerate is supposed to do.

Proposed improvements to the docstring should match the main documentation as much as possible.