[docs] [issue21365] asyncio.Task reference misses the most important fact about it, related info spread around intros and example commentary instead

STINNER Victor report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jul 8 12:57:52 CEST 2014

STINNER Victor added the comment:

Hi,

I pushed my change to add a new BaseEventLoop.create_task() method. For that, I also updated the documentation:
http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/66f06fbf8a2f

I rewrote the documentation of the Task method, and more generally all places describing how to create a Task object. I changed the first sentence to "Schedule the execution of a coroutine object" to be the most explicit.

The documentation will be readable online in a few hours:
https://docs.python.org/dev/library/asyncio-task.html#task

Thanks for your report.

resolution:  -> fixed
status: open -> closed