[docs] [issue21889] https://docs.python.org/2/library/multiprocessing.html#process-and-exceptions doesn't explain exception

Karl Richter report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jul 1 00:00:38 CEST 2014

New submission from Karl Richter:

Although the section https://docs.python.org/2/library/multiprocessing.html#process-and-exceptions (of the multiprocessing module documentation) is titled "... and exceptions" it doesn't say anything about exceptions. I assume that it behaves like the thread API (as stated and referenced in the introduction of the module doc). This implies though that either the reference is limited to that statement (-> remove "and exceptions" from the header as there's no special section on them because everything can be found in thread API) or add an explicit reference to the thread API. If this assumption is wrong the section is badly organized or doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm not yet sure about exception handling in the multiprocessing module in case it's different from threads, but that shouldn't matter for this doc issue report.

I'd also like to suggest a more detailed section on exceptions with usage of queues to pass them as objects to the parent or another process.

----------
assignee: docs at python
components: Documentation
messages: 221987