[docs] Newcomer to document maintenance - regarding @staticmethod

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:32:20 CEST 2013

I'd like a stab at submitting a fix. The process seems daunting, and I
seek some hand-holding.

< Problem: Chapter 2 Built-in Functions - staticmethod()

"The @staticmethod form is a function /decorator/
<../glossary.html#term-decorator> – see the description of function
definitions in /Function definitions/
<../reference/compound_stmts.html#function> for details."

< Clearer:

Example of applying staticmethod() using the decorator idiom:

existing code example

See description of /decorator /in Function definitions.
<../reference/compound_stmts.html#function>

< link /decorator / to the paragraph starting A function definition may
be wrapped by one or more /decorator/ <../glossary.html#term-decorator>
expressions".

< Precede that paragraph with *Decorators*.

< I also question the value of /decorator/
<../glossary.html#term-decorator> expressions linking to the glossary,
as the glossary entry does not add to the explanation.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239