[docs] [issue19024] Document asterisk (*), splat or star operator

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Sun Oct 6 01:38:19 CEST 2013

Ezio Melotti added the comment:

> 223 people + me out of 1422 disagree with you both.

Note that those votes doesn't necessarily mean "I didn't know about the feature" -- they might mean "I find this feature useful/I like this feature".  Features like decorators have even more votes and I don't think they are "hidden" features.

 http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/controlflow.html#unpacking-argument-lists is
> about functionality, not about operators

These operators are documented here:
http://docs.python.org/3/reference/expressions.html#index-36
http://docs.python.org/3/reference/expressions.html#index-37
This can be found from the doc index (which admittedly is not the most obvious place where to look):
http://docs.python.org/3/genindex-Symbols.html

If the problem is the content of the docs, you can suggest what exactly should be improved (and how).  If the problem is the discoverability, you should open a separate issue on the Sphinx bug tracker about allowing the search of operators.