[docs] [issue15964] SyntaxError in asdl when building 2.7 with system Python 3

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 1 15:27:41 CEST 2013

Eli Bendersky added the comment:

`make touch` was added to the bots in #19106 and is now also recommended in the devguide for folks running into this problem. IMHO this is all we need here, because there's no point toiling to make the auto-generation scripts in every version to work with any other version of Python. It's error prone and keeps us back (there's no reason not to use modern Python practices in the ASDL generator of 3.4, say, and instead cling to Python 2.4).

So I'm going to close this issue in a few days unless new feedback emerges.