[docs] [issue17415] Clarify docs of os.path.normpath()

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Sat Mar 16 06:04:12 CET 2013

Ezio Melotti added the comment:

Your suggestion -- assuming it's accurate -- looks good to me, however I would get rid of the exclamation mark and move the link to normcase at the end:
"""
Normalize a pathname by collapsing redundant separators and up-level references so that A//B, A/B/, A/./B and A/foo/../B all become A/B. This collapsing may change the meaning of the path if it contains symbolic links.  On Windows, normpath also converts forward slashes to backward slashes.  normpath doesn't normalize the case -- use normcase for that.
"""