[docs] minor typo in http://docs.python.org/2/library/gzip.html

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Fri Jun 7 04:39:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

Under the class gzip.GzipFile documentation, the text reads:

"When fileobj is not None, the filename argument is only used to be
included in the gzip file header, which may includes the original
filename of the uncompressed file."

It says "which may includes the original filename" which should either
read:

"which may include the original filename"

...or...

"which includes the original filename"

I would also suggest that "the filename argument is only used to be
included in the gzip file header" should be changed to

"is only used in the gzip file header"

...or...

"is only included in the gzip file header"

It seems to me that the implication is that the gzip file header *may*
include the filename but is not required to do so. If that is the
case, I would suggest that the text read:

"When fileobj is not None, the filename argument is only used in the
gzip file header, which may include the original filename of the
uncompressed file."

Thanks for all your hard work,

Sincerely,

Peter