[docs] [issue16868] Python Developer Guide: Include a reminder to "ping" bug report if not reviewed in timely manner

Meador Inge report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jan 6 01:41:54 CET 2013

Meador Inge added the comment:

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Ezio Melotti <report at bugs.python.org> wrote:

> That really depends on the situation.  I think the point of that sentence is to make clear that some time might
> pass before someone can look at the issue, and I'm not sure it's necessary to quantify this.

It currently says:

"""
 If your patch has not received any notice from reviewers (i.e., no
comment made) after a substantial amount of time then you may email
python-dev at python.org asking for someone to take a look at your patch.
"""

That doesn't seem very useful to me because a newcomer is going to
wonder how much time is "substantial".  If you quantify it, then they
don't really have to think about it as much which makes contributing
easier.