[docs] [issue17668] re.split loses characters matching ungrouped parts of a pattern

Tomasz J. Kotarba report at bugs.python.org
Wed Apr 10 17:40:01 CEST 2013

Tomasz J. Kotarba added the comment:

The example I gave was the simplest possible to illustrate my point but yes, you are correct, I often match the whole string as I do recursive matches.  I do use non-capturing groups but they would not solve the problem I talked about.  Anyway, I had solved my problem before I reported this issue so I would be all right with whatever the outcome of this discussion was but I am glad we have managed to contribute to improving the docs.  Thanks and nice talking to you :)!