[docs] Bring Doc/make.bat as close to Doc/Makefile as possible (issue 17386)

ezio.melotti at gmail.com ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:38:22 CEST 2013

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/diff/7596/Doc/README.txt
File Doc/README.txt (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/diff/7596/Doc/README.txt#newcode43
Doc/README.txt:43: make html "PYTHON=python"
Does "make html" work without specifying "PYTHON=python" (assuming that
"python" is a recognised command)?
If "python" is not a recognised command, I guess that
`make html "PYTHON=C:\Python27\python.exe"` can be used instead.  Is the
syntax correct?  Maybe this could be added too here.

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/diff/7596/Doc/README.txt#newcode90
Doc/README.txt:90: A "make update" cleans up all builds and updates the
Subversion checkouts of
Why this is not in the list?
Also on Linux there's "make htmlview", not sure if it's available on
Windows too though.

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/diff/7596/Doc/README.txt#newcode117
Doc/README.txt:117: svn co
http://svn.python.org/projects/external/Pygments-1.5dev-20120930/pygments
tools/pygments
Any reason why a dev version is suggested?  Is this the version we are
currently using?

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/diff/7596/Doc/make.bat
File Doc/make.bat (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/diff/7596/Doc/make.bat#newcode277
Doc/make.bat:277: echo positives, append that file to
tools\sphinxext\susp-ignored.csv.
On Linux if suspicious markup is found, the build gives an error and
this message is not printed (see http://bugs.python.org/issue15759).
Does this work here? (You could add a few  ` or : in an rst file to make
the suspicious builder suspicious.)

http://bugs.python.org/review/17386/