[docs] Bug: I can't find documentation for the "apply" function, and then I can't find documentation for "extended call syntax"

Kevin Leeds knleeds at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 00:40:14 CET 2012

Sorry! I am trying to figure out from the documentation a good way to
use "call" instead of "apply", and am finding myself frustrated by the
documentation site

Apparently there's no way to search among functions names only, and
perhaps not for phrases either.

On one page I found out the "apply" function is deprecated, and that I
should use the "extended call syntax".
At one point I'm informed that the description of "extended call
syntax" is described "above".

There should be a hyperlink to the actual description.  It's not
possible to find the material being referenced without guessing
sections or reading the entire document perhaps.

:) Thank you for your prompt attention to this important matter :)