[docs] [issue14901] Python Windows FAQ is Very Outdated

Ashish Nitin Patil report at bugs.python.org
Fri Dec 7 19:21:47 CET 2012

Ashish Nitin Patil added the comment:

Made most of the relevant changes & updation to the FAQ.
1. Updated references to Windows 7/XP/Vista & dropped all references & solutions on older Windows.
2. Also, many of the ending FAQs like cw3215mt.dll, CTL3D32 were completely dropped as I found that the googled pages show most results(pages) dating back more than 10 years.
3. Modified the questioon on 'freeze' to 'conversion from py to exe'
4. Did not touch questions that I am not familiar with, like CGI, os.kill(), etc.
5. Dropped questions that were directly in respect to older (unsupported) Windows.
Any suggestion/correction is wel-received. My first patch! :-) \m/

keywords: +patch
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file28245/faq.patch