[docs] an offer of proofreading

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 11:21:56 CEST 2012

Hello Chris,
Sorry for this late reply.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Chris Jewell <chrisj at puffin.com> wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I propose to read through at least the Library Reference (and perhaps
> more of the documentation) for 3.2.3, and send suggested corrections.

That would be awesome!

> Will it be best to send diffs of the .html files (which I would
> usually read anyway) or the plain text?  Or are there source files
> from which you generate all of the distributed docs, and for which the
> diffs would be more useful?

The most useful way for us is if you can generate diffs of the
documentation source files. They are in the Doc directory of the
source code repository, you can find references on how to get at:
http://docs.python.org/devguide/ and more on documentation on
http://docs.python.org/devguide/documenting.html - If you want more
details, don't hesitate to ask.

Please also note that documentation is updated on all the active
branches, that are: 2.7, 3.2 and deafult - it would be nice if you
could make (at least for the biggest patches) a version for all those
branches.

> I started the process with the Lib Ref for an earlier version of
> Python 3 (as a way of learning the differences between Python 2 and
> 3), but was interrupted before I got around to sending the
> corrections, and never got back to it.  I expect that many of the
> issues with the earlier version have been corrected by now, but I'll
> see what I can find.

Thanks already!

Regards,