[docs] In unittest module name of the parameters for assert* methods can be descriptive

Sateesh Kumar sateeshpyper at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:13:15 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Sandro Tosi <sandro.tosi at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I don't think it's the right change: this will give the false
> information that the first argument must be what you expect and the
> second what you got, which is not the case.

Thanks for your explanation.

The suggestion I made was mostly influenced by python documentation
for unit test module in Python 2.7.2 [1], where parameters are named
as  "actual", and "expected"
in documentation of some of the assert* methods. Also having used
Junit I was influenced by the way the assert methods are documented in
Junit [2].

As you have explained this change doesn't help for user of unit test module.

reg,
sateesh

1. http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html#module-unittest
2. http://kentbeck.github.com/junit/javadoc/latest/org/junit/Assert.html