[docs] [issue8822] datetime naive and aware types should have a well-defined definition that can be cross-referenced

Jakob Malm report at bugs.python.org
Thu Sep 15 21:26:11 CEST 2011

Jakob Malm <jakob.malm at gmail.com> added the comment:

Patch without reflow attached.

This is my first patch to CPython. I considered submitting the patch without reflowing the paragraph, to make the changes clearer, but I thought that that would mean more work for the committer, if the patch were to be accepted. Are non-reflown paragraphs like this generally preferred, then?

Concerning timezone aware objects in the examples, this may make the examples more verbose and less to-the-point, which may not be desirable. I'm still on Python 2.6 and haven't actually used the new timezone class yet...

Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file23167/datetime_doc_noreflow.patch