[docs] [issue10921] imaplib: Internaldate2tuple() crashes, does not handle negative TZ offsets, does not handle DST correctly

Joe Peterson report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jan 17 19:01:12 CET 2011

Joe Peterson <joe at skyrush.com> added the comment:

> I assume this means it raises a KeyError when given a bytes object as an argument.

Yes, a KeyError is raised when arg is bytes, but passing a string also fails (raising TypeError).  The latter might also be a separate bug, in that strings cannot be passed as they could be in Python 2.

> This looks like a 2 to 3 port oversight and we can probably fix it in RC.

Probably, since many strings have been changed to bytes elsewhere in the file.

BTW, I just attached a patch for Python 2.7 that fixes the subset of non-py3k-related issues.

versions: +Python 2.7
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file20426/imaplib_Internaldate2tuple_python27.patch