[docs] [issue10875] Update Regular Expression HOWTO

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jan 9 23:17:53 CET 2011

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

I agree that the .rst should not have two copies and that any windows.chm specific fixup should be in the tool. Right now, right clicking gives a context menu with one item: Properties. Clicking that brings up a dialog box with a url that can be copied. Good enough for me at the moment but not terribly obvious. A possible separate issue.

Unless A Kuchling says different, I would like to remove the version number. It implies to me that this doc is in pre-alpha condition and it is far beyond that. I see that the patch already does so.

-:file:`Tools/scripts/redemo.py`, a demonstration program included with the
+:file:`Tools/scripts/demo.py`, a demonstration program included with the

should (currently) be
+:file:`Tools/demo/redemo.py`, a demonstration program included with the

Other than that, the patch looks good. Thanks. I am still thinking about Matching Characters. Once the patch is fixed with possible addition, a 2.7 version can easily be made be deleting the 3.x-specific deletions.