[docs] function os.lchmod() does not seem to exist

Wout van Albada wout at bliepbliep.net
Sun Feb 6 05:16:54 CET 2011

Hi,

I tried to use the os.lchmod() function documented here:
http://docs.python.org/library/os.html#os.lchmod

However, it doesn't exist in my version of Python:

wout at zoot ~ 549>python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Dec 26 2010, 22:31:48)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
>>> import os
>>> os.lchmod('blabla', 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'lchmod'

So either the documentation is wrong or my version of Python is bad (in
which case I have contact the distributor - Debian). But since the system
chmod manual page says that permissions on symbolic links cannot be changed,
I figured the function should probably not exist.

Best regards,
Wout