[docs] Wrong version availability listed in pkgutil docs.

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:48:22 CEST 2011

Hello Kyle,
thanks for your email.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 01:15, Monson, Kyle E <Kyle.Monson at pnnl.gov> wrote:
> In section 30.5. pkgutil it does not list which version of python each
> function and class became available.

Thanks for your analysis!

> From what I can see looking at the code in the repo:
>
> 2.3 (http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/2.3/Lib/pkgutil.py)
> extend_path
>
> 2.5 (http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/2.5/Lib/pkgutil.py)
> walk_packages
> iter_modules
> ImpImporter
> ImpLoader
> get_importer
> iter_importers
> get_loader
> find_loader

Currently python supported versions for 2.x series are 2.6 and 2.7,
and so we encourage to update to one of these versions (preferibly
2.7, which is still in bugfix support, while 2.6 is only in security
fix). Adding those ancient information is not worth anymore.

> 2.6 (http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/2.6/Lib/pkgutil.py)
> get_data

but this is a nice addition, so I just committed it:
http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/4c6b1b2d481a

Thanks,