[docs] [issue11834] wrong module installation dir on Windows

Mark Mc Mahon report at bugs.python.org
Wed Apr 27 02:54:15 CEST 2011

Mark Mc Mahon <mtnbikingmark at gmail.com> added the comment:

Reviewing the patch (issue133572.py33.patch):
You have used forward slashes for the first change - but back slashes for the others. I see that other places in the existing docs use back slashes when referring to windows paths.

I have never used the --prefix option - but I am surprised that it would install scripts to prefix\Lib\site-packages (without the prefix option scripts are installed in pythondir\Scripts.

Maybe installing something like grin/pylint/etc which has an executable script is a way to verify?

nosy: +markm