[docs] Please provide Python 2.5.5 documentation

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:31:38 CEST 2011

Hi Georg,

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 23:21, Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik.sverdrup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Python2.5 installation (among the various versions installed)
> provides this link for documentation:
>
> FILE
>    /usr/lib/python2.5/socket.py
>
> MODULE DOCS
>    http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.5/lib/module-socket.html
>

> The above link is not active, there is no documentation for 2.5.5.
> Please understand that I'm looking for the documentation for 2.5. I
> also know that 2.5.4 docs are available and I will go there to read
> them now, but isn't it nice if the URLs in the latest version of 2.5
> work?

This is the second request (that I know of) on this list to provide
2.5.5 documentation on docs.python.org: what do you think about
building it, or adding a compatibiliy symlink (between 2.5.4 and
2.5.5)? the second could be a bit misleading for the users (looking
for 2.5.5 doc and getting 2.5.4 instead).

Thanks in advance,