[docs] [issue7061] Improve turtle module documentation

Alexander Belopolsky report at bugs.python.org
Tue Nov 9 15:53:23 CET 2010

Alexander Belopolsky <belopolsky at users.sourceforge.net> added the comment:

As a follow-up to Raymond's suggestion, I am attaching a patch that will add a sidebar to the introduction section of the turtle documentation section.  While it is not common to include screenshots in python documentation, I think it is very appropriate for a visual module such as turtle.  I considered a "Basic example" subsection similar to that in unittest module documentation, but turtle introduction already has a basic example (forward(15); left(25) embedded in the prose, so I think a sidebar like this is more appropriate.

Since svn does not include binary files in the patch, I will have to attach the embedded image separately.  I will also post a screenshot of the rendered HTML page.

Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file19557/turtle-star-sidebar.diff