[docs] Docs are not printable

Bruce Korb bkorb at vmem.com
Tue Jul 6 16:56:39 CEST 2010

Hi Georg,

I suspect my firefox *would* respect that style info, were I to know how
to specify that style info.  I carefully read over the page and did not find
any links to a printable version (alternate style sheet).  It is possible that
I may have missed it, but I did go back over it several times before
writing.  I still may have missed it.  It is not an obvious "printer friendly"
icon.

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Georg Brandl <georg at python.org> wrote:

> Am 01.07.2010 20:35, schrieb anatoly techtonik:
>> This is usually resolved with alternative CSS stylesheet for printing
>> [1] specified in html <head> section with:
>>
>> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"
>> href="../_static/print.css" />
>>
>> Currently d.p.o doesn't have any - http://docs.python.org/_static/
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/media.html
>
> On the contrary, if you check basic.css, it does have a @media print
> section.

The word, "basic" does not appear on the page.
Not with my browser, anyway.  It isn't in the html source, either.

> Bruce, I don't know why your Firefox doesn't respect that style info,
> it works fine for me.

Where's the link?  :)  Thank you!  Regards, Bruce