[Doc-SIG] Transifex resources priority

Petr Viktorin encukou at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 07:09:28 EDT 2022

On 14. 08. 22 22:38, Maciek Olko wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am wondering if it would be possible to revise Transifex priority
> values of resources.
>
> There are three possible values for resource priority on Transifex:
>
>   * medium
>   * high
>   * and urgent. [1]
>
> Currently all resources on Transifex have priority "high". PEP 545
> prioritizes resources that are required for the translation to be
> included in language switcher, namely:
>
>   * "bugs",
>   * starting with "tutorial--",
>   * "library--functions". [2]
>
> Would it be possible to preserve "high" only for those resources plus
> "sphinx" resource (messages from Sphinx template) and lower priority of
> all other resources to "medium"?
>
>  From my experience resources priority affect the choice of a translator
> for an order of translation.
>
> Looking forward to your opinion,
> Kind regards,
> Maciej
>
> [1]
> https://docs.transifex.com/projects/categorizing-and-prioritizing-resources#prioritizing-resources
> <https://docs.transifex.com/projects/categorizing-and-prioritizing-resources#prioritizing-resources>
> [2]
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0545/#add-translation-to-the-language-switcher
> <https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0545/#add-translation-to-the-language-switcher>

Hi,
I'm not sure who maintains the Transifex project -- try the contacts on
https://devguide.python.org/documentation/translating/#how-to-get-help
if you don't get a reply here.
I'm also not sure if the import from Sphinx supports setting priorities.
I don't think anyone would want to mark the priority manually in
Transifex UI after each update.