[Doc-SIG] Looking for language coordinators

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Sun Oct 20 09:42:10 EDT 2019

Hi!

> I think the "sign" is related to coordinator role, but not perfectly sure.
> This "signing" rule would come from PEP 545, which authors are Julien, Naoki and Victor,
> so please ask Julien for details.

To clarify, coordinator as seen by Transifex and coordinator as seen by PEP 545 are not strictly equivalent :
- PEP 545 is tool agnostic, so a coordinator for PEP 545 is the obvious person to ask any question about a given translation, either from local translator point of view or from the core team / psf point of view.
- Transifex Coordinator is ... I don't know in fact, but I bet it's documented in transfiex documentation.

I bet being the PEP 545 coordinator for a language that uses transifex mostly implies that the same person should be coordinator on transifex, or could delegate the task to someone else.

About the PSF CLA signing, IANAL but:
- Simply translating does not require CLA signing thanks to the paragraph (from PEP 545) every translation put in their README clearly indicating that all the works is in CC0.
- Producing more that just translations (PR against docsbuild-scripts, cpython, psf-salt, or any repo in github.com/python/, linked to the translation or not) requires the CLA to be signed and is enforced by a bot.
- Helping a community (like being a PEP545 coordinator, a transfiex coordinator, organizing meetups, and so on) don't require CLA signing.

In any cases, or in doubt, I'd say sign it now, so if you need to push something in a python related repo in the future, you won't be slowed down with the signing process.

Bests,
--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr