[Doc-SIG] Separate Org

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Sun Jul 7 16:13:20 EDT 2019

> I was thinking if we could set up a separate github org repo dedicated for translations where we can regroup all translations, infos and tools

Do you mean a separate org or a separate repo? I have hard times to parse "org repo", I will assome "a separate organization".

I don't think scattering things is a good thing, mainly It makes out-of-main-organization repos hard to discover.

As long as there is not a big gain of moving things, I prefer the status quo of not moving things.

> The aim is focus

Can you elaborate? I don't get it.

> and freeing up the main Cpython org (not cluttering it up) !

I don't feel we're cluttering the /python/ org: translation represents 9/74 repos. At worse it shows there's activity on translations which can bring more translators.
If the org starts to be "hard to browse" it's a github UI/UX issue they have to fix (Sub-orgs? Directories? Namespaces? Namespaces are one honking great idea -- let's do more of those!).
--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr