[Doc-SIG] Translation License and Contribution Agreement

Shengjing Zhu zhsj at debian.org
Sat Oct 27 11:45:53 EDT 2018

Hi,

We just had a sync up meeting inside zh_CN team. Here're some
questions about the Documentation Contribution Agreement.

1.

In PEP545, it states we should "Setup the Documentation Contribution
Agreement". I see most translation repo has a REAME with the example
text in PEP. However what's the license for the translation is unclear
to me.

The example text says the license is CC0. But the po files fetched
from transifex say "This file is distributed under the same license as
the Python package." For team using transifex, I think most of us
didn't aware it.

2.

How can we guarantee the contributor has agreed?

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0545/#id89 says
"The Documentation Contribution Agreement have to be written by the
PSF, then listed at https://www.python.org/psf/contrib/ and have its
own page like https://www.python.org/psf/contrib/doc-contrib-form/."

I think such form is not available yet.

3.

Last question is for zh_CN team. We have previous work done on
transifex before a README with Documentation Contribution Agreement.
How can we handle such work?

Is there a way to get a list of contributors on transifex(not the
person who just joins the team)? And the way to known what they have
translated, in case that they don't agree when we ask so that we can
revert their work.

--
Shengjing Zhu