[Doc-SIG] Translation License and Contribution Agreement

Shengjing Zhu zhsj at debian.org
Thu Nov 1 02:00:06 EDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 7:16 AM Julien Palard <julien at palard.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Here're some questions about the Documentation Contribution Agreement.
> >
> > 1.
> >
> > In PEP545, it states we should "Setup the Documentation Contribution
> > Agreement". I see most translation repo has a REAME with the example
> > text in PEP. However what's the license for the translation is unclear
> > to me.
>
> PEP 545 is authoritative about the subject: It's CC0.
>
> > But the po files fetched from transifex say "This file is distributed
> > under the same license as the Python package."
>
> It has to be reworded on Transifex side.

Not sure how to fix this.

I think the pot uploaded to transifex is generated by
https://github.com/python/python-docs-ja/blob/f335883feb97b25634c273c66f0556a98f9d9603/.travis.yml#L64

It just uses the default template of sphinx, which results

```
# Copyright (C) 2001-2018, Python Software Foundation
# This file is distributed under the same license as the Python package.
```

cocoatomo, any idea how to fix this?

--
Shengjing Zhu