[Doc-SIG] About restructuring Transifex projects

tomo cocoa cocoatomo77 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:01:20 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am a member of Japanese translation team, and
administrating documents along with INADA Naoki.
I send this mail to Doc-SIG in order to have a talk about the Transifex
projects of
the organization "Python document translators" (
https://www.transifex.com/python-doc/)
with members of translation teams.

We, Naoki and I, are now preparing a Transifex project for Python 3.7
documentation.
To avoid losing translation history, we will give the project for the newest
version of Python a fixed name such like 'Python' or 'Python-newest', etc.

This restructuring enables to keep translation history,
but requests some work to edit Transifex project configuration.

Diagram: On release of Python 3.8

Before:

   Python     (for Python 3.7)
   Python 3.6 (for Python 3.6)

After:

   Python     (for Python 3.8)
   Python 3.7 (for Python 3.7)
   Python 3.6 (for Python 3.6)

Please let me know if you have some opinions or questions.
If this plan sounds good, I will operate the restructuring of Transifex
projects.

Best Regards,
cocoatomo

--