[Doc-SIG] Problems in pytest.1

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Wed Jun 13 18:11:30 EDT 2018

Hi,

Thanks for caring about documentations and taking time to write scripts to report bugs.

I checked and spotted two python-related projects:

- pylint.1 which has been fixed (differently) here: https://github.com/pycqa/pylint/commit/6e2c366ff8752a3d98cab9acbd8221868c69f820
- pytest.1, in which package did you find it? I was unable to find the same issue on various pytest.1 manpages.

I cloned pytest and tried and I don't see the section your patch tries to fix.

For the record here's how I build locally the manpage of pytest :

    git clone https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest.git
    cd pytest
    python3 -m venv /tmp/pytest
    . /tmp/pytest/bin/activate
    python3 -m pip install sphinx sphinxcontrib-trio
    python3 -m pip install .
    make -C doc/en/ man
    less doc/en/_build/man/pytest.1

Also please note those two projects have their own bugtrackers on github, and you may have more success there than here.

Bests,
​--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr​