[Doc-SIG] Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinate

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Wed Aug 1 18:43:53 EDT 2018

Hi Luciano,

> PS. FWIW, I never thought transifex was the right tool for translating
> the docs. Transifex is designed to translate UI messages, not
> paragraphs of text and code. But maybe I am just old ;-)

I agree with you, and in fact we're almost not using Transifex for the french translation, everyone's doing github pull requests. We're just pulling from transifex from time to time so if one really don't want to learn git, he can contribute via a "web interface".

But I think Japan translation is using Transifex a lot, so it looks like it works. BTW any language is free to translate as they want, git is only mandatory as a "single point of exchange" between humans and docs.python.org's build script.

If you have any other tool in mind that looks more suited for long paragraphs, please tell, we may also advise to use it. (I'm probably too old too as I'm stuck using po-mode in emacs... while being sure it's the right solution).

Bests,
--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr