[Doc-SIG] Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinate

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Thu Jun 15 07:53:55 EDT 2017

Hi Marco,

I'm [Marco Rougeth](https://rgth.co), member of the Brazilian Python community. I'm volunteering to coordinate the pt_BR translation of the Python documentation. We already have some strings translated on Transifex and we just merge efforts with our local Django community to speed up the translations.

Welcome on the mailing list!

You can focus on translating the tutorial and library/functions first as it will be mandatory soon to get the language switcher have your translation [1], and gather the community as you're already doing (how many are you on the telegram group?). Are you aware of any other brasilian/portuguese translation initiative?

You can also create a github repository with your transifex synchronized on it as it will be mandatory to get the build bot building your translation. Don't hesitate to ask on IRC on #python-doc if you need help with the synchronization.

[1]: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0545/#add-translation-to-the-language-switcher

Take care,
--
Julien Palard