[Doc-SIG] Bengali India translation co-ordination

Kushal Das mail at kushaldas.in
Sat Jun 10 04:08:15 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Julien Palard via Doc-SIG
<doc-sig at python.org> wrote:
> Hi,

> Nice to hear, I have a question as someone proposed a few weeks ago to
> translate to bengla [1], should'nt you start both translating "bn" and when
> done forking it to "bn_IN" to specialize the translations?
>
> Note that I have no idea of the differences and similarities between bn and
> bn_IN.

We have two variations, bn_IN and bn_BD, the words are different enough that
we should have both translated separately. Please have a look at the
locale names
at [1] for glibc. We should have bn_BD and bn_IN, not simple bn.

[1] https://lh.2xlibre.net/locales/

Kushal
--
http://fedoraproject.org