[Doc-SIG] Localization of Python docs

Robert Lehmann mail at robertlehmann.de
Mon Sep 16 11:27:11 CEST 2013

I attempted to do that several moons ago.  The setup still lives at Python
Translations <http://pootle.python.org> and all my notes can be found
in my blog
from back then <http://gsoc.robertlehmann.de/>.  It was a
Pootle<http://pootle.translatehouse.org/>instance with some custom
ReStructuredText filters but I lacked the time to
continuously maintain that deployment.  It is by now pretty stale and,
because it ran from some random development version of Pootle, hard to
migrate.

I might have time in October to investigate our future options in depth —
I've had good experience with Transifex as well, mainly because I don't
need to maintain it.  I think Sandro Tosi tried to look into the setup some
time ago, but did not get much further.

So yes, that would be a worthwhile thing and is why sphinx-i18n has been
originally conceived.

Cheers,
Robert