[Doc-SIG] PEP 258

Greg Scaffidi sgscaffidi3 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 00:31:47 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am working on a project for my Masters' Verification & Validation class.  The
topic of the project is to explore the possibilities of implementing a modeling
language for Python that supports Design-by-Contract and Unit-testing.  In my
research, I came across the Docutils project.  I was wondering why the project
was rejected from the PEP.  I also noticed that the Docstring Processing System
Framework (PEP-256), was also rejected.  The reason given for the rejection of
PEP-256 is that, "Proposal seems to have run out of steam."  Since PEP-256
serves as a, "Rationale" for PEP-258, I was also wondering if PEP-258 was
rejected for the same reason.  Both projects seem like worthy pursuits.  What
other reasons, if any, are there for rejecting them?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely

- Greg Scaffidi